Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast
That's what my children were play acting that day! Looks like they were both playing 'Belle' cause where's the Beast?

Friday, October 10, 2008

RSS Feeds

What I like about RSS feeds is that it helps sift through all that 'stuff' out there and try and refine what it is you're looking for. And have it delivered to you. I chose the Bloglines suggestion for book feeds and library feeds, along with the ABC latest story feeds. I also added the 'picture of the day' feed to my list and I think I won't take on any more at the moment.

For work it would be wonderful to have sites that are valuable listed as an RSS feed so that you can keep up to date with the latest from that site. More particularly, because you have tagged it, you won't forget it is there.

Libraries need to be more proactive and online, so having a link that other people can create an RSS feed to your library site would be wonderful. We need to raise our own profile as online gurus! It's that or be flattened in the race to stay current!

No comments: